Everyone deals with insect pests from time to time. Dealing with a wildlife infestation is something else entirely! Whether you have squirrels in your attic, raccoons nesting under your porch, or some other type of wild animal trying to take up space in your property, it’s important to always enlist the help of a professional wildlife removal company. Wild animals can leave a mess in your property, making it important to learn how to prevent wildlife from entering your home in the first place. Read on to learn Leo’s Pest Control’s top tips.
Need a Wildlife Control Estimate?
We'll call you! Leave your information below.
Wildlife Prevention Tips
Wildlife prevention is the key to avoiding an infestation in your home or yard. In order to never have to deal with wild animals in your property, there are five things you can do to lessen the risk:
Cover vents and openings
- Dryer vents are warm and appealing, especially to squirrels or smaller animals.
- Cover the opening of a dryer vent with a piece of wire mesh cloth or screening to keep wild animals out!
Invest in chimney protection
- A chimney provides the perfect opportunity for nesting and it can attract raccoons, birds, bats, and squirrels.
- Consider installing inexpensive screens, hardware netting, and chimney caps
Protect your porch from animals
- Large spaces beneath your porch is the perfect spot for wild animals to nest.
- Mesh, wood, or hardware cloth barriers can keep animals out.
Cover overhangs and gutters
- Overhangs provide a place for birds, squirrels, and raccoons to take refuge.
- Make sure to cut back any tree branches near the home and consider investing in enclosed gutters.
Keep a tidy yard
- Keep your garbage can securely closed and clean up any debris or leaf piles to avoid attracting wildlife in your yard.
Prevent Wildlife from Entering Your Home All Year Long
If you’ve done all you can to prevent wild animals and still are dealing with them, it’s best to enlist the help of a professional pest control company. At Leo’s Pest Control, we understand the unique wildlife problems faced by residents throughout the Bristol TN area. Our team has more than 50 years of experience providing wildlife prevention and cleanup services.Back to Wildlife Control – Exclusion – Removal
Prevent Wildlife from Entering Your Home in Bristol TN
Serving Tennessee & Virginia