Ants are likely the most dreaded household pest. Unfortunately, they’re one of the most common, too. When you get an infestation, you know how difficult they are to get rid of. For that reason, it’s important to learn how to keep ants out in the first place. To keep ants away, it’s recommended to keep a clean home and address any moisture issues promptly. In general, a tidy property can go a long way in preventing ants. Read on for Leo’s Pest Control’s top ant prevention tips for the Bristol TN area!
Ant Prevention Tips That Work
Any homeowner that has dealt with ants will tell you that it can be hard to keep them away. However, there are several things you can do to lessen the probability of an infestation. To keep ants away, there are three things you should do on a regular basis:
- Eliminate excess moisture
- Fix leaky pipes and routinely check under sinks for areas of moisture.
- Use a dehumidifier in damp basements or crawl spaces.
- Ensure downspouts and gutters are functioning properly.
- Limit food access
- Keep your kitchen clean and free of crumbs.
- Wipe down counters and sweep floors regularly.
- Store any food in airtight containers, and keep ripe fruit in the refrigerator.
- Seal entry points
- Routinely inspect your property for cracks or other entry points, and seal them.
- Double-check that your windows and doors don’t have cracks, or install screens to help keep pests out.
Need an Ant Control Estimate?
We'll call you! Leave your information below.
How to Keep Ants Away Naturally
When it comes to controlling ants, DIY or all-natural methods simply won’t cut it. That said, some methods have proven to be helpful for preventing ants in the first place. Planting mint around the perimeter of your home, using a vinegar and water spray solution, or spreading diatomaceous earth, ground cinnamon, cayenne pepper, or black pepper around your home may help keep ants away. However, it’s important to realize that ant problem prevention sometimes takes more than DIY solutions, making it important to always consult a professional ant exterminator.
Long-Term Ant Problem Prevention
If you have done all you can to keep ants away with our ant prevention tips but are still noticing ants, it’s time to call Leo’s Pest Control. Our ant exterminators have the years of experience needed to know precisely how to keep ants out of your home or business. Preventing ants can be easier than you think with the help of our experts!Back to Ant Exterminators – Control – Removal
Ant Prevention Tips in Bristol TN
Serving Tennessee & Virginia