Pantry Pest Control Services
Opening up the cupboard to a pantry pest infestation is one of the most unsettling discoveries for a homeowner. Pantry moths and pantry beetles are insects that infest grains and other stored food products, making them more difficult to find than many other kinds of pests. Pantry pest infestations usually start when someone brings home an infested item from the grocery store.
Our technicians at Leo’s Pest Control know how disturbing pantry bugs can be, so we’re here to teach you more about how these kinds of pests work and what you can do to keep them out of your home.
Types of Pantry Pests in Bristol
Having a problem with Pantry Pests?
Get a free no-obligation quote.
How to Get Rid of Pantry Moths & Bugs
The best way to keep pantry pests out of your cupboards is to take proper preventative measures in your shopping and food storage. Here are our top 5 tips to prevent a pantry pest infestation in your home:
- Seal dry goods: Always keep your dry food and baking ingredients in airtight containers.
- Store seasonal foods properly: Indian corn, dried foliage, and other seasonal goods should be kept in sealed containers and stored away when they are not in use.
- Use bay leaves: Placing bay leaves inside containers with dry goods will reduce the risk of a pantry pest infestation.
- Inspect your food: Before purchasing something at the grocery store, make sure there are no signs of damage or wear.
- Check the expiration: Containers with expired items are much more likely to have pantry pests living in them.
Pantry Moth Extermination in Bristol TN & VA
One thing to keep in mind when you’re dealing with a pantry pest infestation is that they aren’t an immediate threat to your health. You won’t be stung by an Indian meal moth or bitten by a grain beetle, but they will ruin your food and persist until there is nothing left to feed on.
If you’ve just found an outbreak of pantry pests in your kitchen and need help getting rid of them, reach out to our team at Leo’s Pest Control. We can quickly put a stop to your infestation and teach you how to get rid of pantry moths going forward. Contact us today to get started!
Pantry Pest Control in Bristol TN
Serving Tennessee & Virginia