Bed bug problems can be unpredictable and cause homeowners a lot of distress. Unfortunately, bed bug infestations have been on the rise for the past couple of decades, making it important to learn the signs & symptoms of bed bugs. In addition to being a nuisance, these pests can bite and leave you with itchy, red marks. To get rid of them, it’s important to enlist the help of an exterminator.
As soon as you notice any of the below signs of bed bugs in your Bristol TN property, it’s time to call the bed bug removal team here at Leo’s Pest Control!
Main Signs of Bed Bugs
Because bed bugs are so tiny, it can be difficult to spot them. There are several ways to determine whether you have a bed bug infestation or not. The top four signs of a bed bug problem are:
- Red or rusty stains. When they feed, bed bugs can leave tiny bloodstains.
- Minuscule eggshells or eggs. Eggs are oblong, white, and rarely seen.
- Dark brown spots. Their excrement is only slightly bigger than the size of a period.
- Adult bed bugs. They are often clustered together in hot spots.
Need help with Bed Bugs?
Click the button below to leave your information.
Symptoms of Bed Bugs
The main reason people are worried about bed bugs is the bites they leave! Bed bugs feed at night when their victim is at rest, but can adjust their schedule accordingly in order to feed when opportunity strikes. They tend to focus on areas of the body where skin is exposed, such as the arms or legs. Their bites are commonly mistaken for other insect bites. However, there are several things that make them unique:
- Bites are often arranged in lines or zigzag patterns on the body.
- They usually create a red bump that tends to be bigger than that of mosquitoes or fleas.
- Secondary symptoms are rare, but bites are itchy and could cause rashes, hives, and welts in serious cases.
What to Do When You See the Signs & Symptoms of Bed Bugs
As soon as you see any of the above signs of bed bugs, it’s best to call an exterminator right away. Waiting could let bed bugs spread into other areas of your home! At Leo's Pest Control, we will have a team perform a thorough inspection to look for signs of bed bugs in your property. Effectively treating bed bugs is complex. Our bed bug exterminators have the experience needed to not only control infestations but help prevent them in the future.Back to Bed Bug Exterminators – Control – Removal
Signs & Symptoms of Bed Bugs in Bristol TN
Serving Tennessee & Virginia