How to Prevent Mosquitoes in Your Yard
Mosquitoes will seek out areas in your yard where they can breed and reproduce. Preventing their summertime activity requires knowing how to make your property less attractive to them in the first place. To prevent mosquitoes in your yard it’s important to limit the number of potential mosquito breeding grounds:
- Getting rid of standing water
- Covering spas, pools, and birdbaths
- Installing screens on windows and doors
- Utilizing fans to deter mosquitoes
- Getting professional mosquito inspections
Why Do I Have Mosquitoes Outside?
Here in Tennessee, mosquitoes are a very common pest problem throughout the warmer months of the year. This is due to us living in a region with a humid climate in the summer months. Mosquitoes are also more common in properties near heavily wooded areas. Generally, mosquitoes will invade your backyard if they find suitable breeding grounds. This is why it’s crucial to eliminate the things that may attract them.
Do You Have a Mosquito Problem? We Can Help.
Click the button below to leave your information & we'll be in touch in an hour or less.
6 Ways to Keep Mosquitoes Away From Your Yard in Bristol
The best tips to prevent mosquitoes in your yard are to:
- Eliminate stagnant water. Get rid of standing water in buckets, flowerpots, birdbaths, tarps, and more. Mosquitoes use standing water to lay their eggs.
- Place screens on windows and doors. Installing screens on your doors and windows can keep mosquitoes from getting indoors every time you try to get some fresh air.
- Keep a tidy yard. Regularly maintain your garden and lawn to keep the grass short. Also keep plants and bushes trimmed to prevent mosquito resting spots.
- Install fans. Mosquitoes hate wind and are not strong fliers. Use fans to help force them away from your outdoor areas.
- Invest in fish for your ponds and agitating the water. Certain types of fish will feed on mosquito larvae. Alternatively, adding an agitator will stop mosquitoes from laying eggs in the water.
- Inspect your yard regularly. Always look for potential mosquito breeding grounds and eliminate them. You may consider hiring your local mosquito control experts for assistance.
Professional Mosquito Prevention
Making your yard less attractive to mosquitoes is one of the best things you can do to keep these pests away for good. Paired with professional mosquito control treatment, you can say goodbye to mosquito problems for good. To learn more, contact the experts at Leo’s Pest Control to learn how to prevent mosquitoes in your Bristol TN property year-round.
How to Prevent Mosquitoes in Your Yard in Bristol TN
Serving Tennessee & Virginia