Rodents are one of the worst pest problems, and unfortunately, one of the most common. Not only are unwelcome rats and mice a gross sight to behold on your property, but they also can be dangerous and destructive! Seeing a rat or mouse indoors indicates you have a rodent problem, but what are the other signs you have a rodent infestation? Droppings, gnaw marks, foul odors, and nests are just a few of the many signs of an infestation. As soon as you see any of the signs outlined below, it’s time to call the rodent exterminators at Leo’s Pest Control.
Tops Signs of Mice Infestations in Bristol and Johnson City TN
- Rodent droppings are odorous and can cause a safety hazard. This is the most telling rodent infestation sign!
- Nesting materials
- The shredded paper found in your attic, in boxes or drawers can be a sign of rats or mice making nests in your home.
- Burrows or tunnels
- Check under boards, in the doghouse, weedy spots, and near garbage cans for signs of burrows, which means rats and mice may be tunneling into your home.
- A stale smell that you can’t explain or foul odor from droppings and urine are big indicators of an active infestation.
- Unexplained noises
- If you notice chewing, scratching, or gnawing sounds in the attic or in your walls, it’s probably due to mice or rats.
- Gnaw marks
- If you check your food pantry and notice packages with little holes or gnaw marks, it is indicative that rats or mice have been eating your food.
- Runways or tracks
- Rats and mice might leave tracks along the floor, so spread out some talcum powder along countertops and baseboards to see if you notice paw prints.
Need help with Rodents?
Click the button below to leave your information.
What To Do When You See Rodent Infestation Signs
If you think you have a mouse infestation based on the information above, it’s important to call a mouse and rat exterminator as soon as possible. A professional rodent pest control company can help inspect your property thoroughly to find rodent activity and any possible sources of the infestation. Don’t delay, an infestation can quickly get worse. Mice in particular are infamous for breeding at a rapid rate, giving them the capability of quickly spreading. Plus, no one wants to deal with icky mouse traps on their own, making it important to enlist help to get rid of rodents quickly and efficiently.
Need Help Finding Signs of Rats?
A rodent exterminator knows exactly where to look and what to look for when it comes to rodent infestations. The team at Leo’s has more than 50 years of experience and knows the signs you have a rodent infestation. You can trust we will help with rodent control and prevention to keep you safe from the dangers of rodents year-round.Back to Rodent Exterminators – Rat & Mice Exterminators
Signs You Have a Rodent Infestation in Bristol TN
Serving Tennessee & Virginia