Nobody wants to deal with a spider problem inside their home or business. Even though a lot of types of spiders are harmless, they still strike fear in the heart of many. Thankfully there are many things you can do to lessen the risk of spiders inside your property. When it comes to learning how to prevent spiders, it’s important to regularly inspect your property and implement spider prevention methods on a regular basis.
Keep reading for Leo’s Pest Control’s expert spider prevention tips.
How to Keep Spiders Away
The last thing you want is a spider problem in your home or business. Five ways you can lessen the risk of spiders getting indoors in the first place include:
- Thoroughly inspect boxes and pieces of furniture for egg sacs or live spiders before you bring them inside.
- Seal cracks and crevices or entry points outside your property, or in walls and windows to stop spiders from crawling in.
- Maintain a clean, tidy home to prevent the many types of insects that spiders prey on.
- Place sticky traps in specific rooms to monitor spider activity.
- Keep your grass mowed and all vegetation trimmed. Spiders are attracted to bushes, shrubs, woodpiles, and compost piles in your yard.
Need a Spider Control Estimate?
We'll call you! Leave your information below.
How to Prevent Spiders Naturally
It’s easy to understand why so many people are drawn to at-home or all-natural spider prevention. Although DIY methods rarely work to control an infestation, some methods may prove to be successful in keeping spiders away in the first place. A fine layer of diatomaceous earth sprinkled around the perimeter of your property will kill any spider that crawls across it. In addition, peppermint, tea-tree, citrus, and eucalyptus essential oils are rumored to work in preventing spiders.
While some of these could work for short-term spider prevention, learning how to keep spiders away for good requires the assistance of a pest control expert.
How to Keep Spiders Away For Good
Knowing how to prevent spiders is as simple as keeping a clean home! However, they can be unpredictable. For spider prevention tips you can count on year-round, the team at Leo’s Pest Control can help. Our team of spider exterminators can protect you from house spiders and more dangerous spiders all year long.Back to Spider Exterminators – Control – Removal
Spider Prevention Tips in Bristol TN
Serving Tennessee & Virginia