Bed bugs are one of the most dreaded pest problems. Not only are they difficult to get rid of without an exterminator, they are infamous for their bites. To avoid the frustration of dealing with a bed bug infestation, it’s important to learn about keeping bed bugs out of your home in the first place. Even the cleanest homes and five-star hotels can be susceptible to bed bugs. That said, there are several ways you can lessen the risk of getting an infestation.
Keep reading for Leo's Pest Control Services, Inc’s top bed bugs solution tips.
Keeping Bed Bugs Out of Your Home
Bed bugs are unpredictable, but there are several ways you can lessen the chances of getting an infestation:
- Protect your mattress. By covering your mattress with a protector that can prevent tears or holes, you can block out bed bugs.
Exercise caution while traveling. Bed bug infestations are known to start when the bugs are brought home from a trip due to infested hotels or luggage.
- Know the signs of bed bugs. These insects leave behind dark fecal spots on mattresses and upholstery, along with pale-yellow shell casings and their white, sticky eggs. Bed bug bites are usually red, itchy, and appear in rows or zigzags.
- Inspect all used items. Transporting used goods into your home is an easy way to get bed bugs. Always thoroughly check any used item before bringing it inside.
- Cover your power outlets. Power outlets are ideal hiding spots for bed bugs. Cover the outlets with a simple outlet plug to keep them out.
- Use vacuum-sealed bags. Vacuum-sealed bags help provide a barrier between your clothing and bed bugs looking for a place to reside.
Need a Bed Bug Control Estimate?
We'll call you! Leave your information below.
Bed Bug Prevention—Does it Work?
No one wants to learn they have a bed bug infestation, and you likely want to know how the problem started in the first place! Unfortunately, bed bugs spread much more easily than you think, and infestations can start in even the most prepared homes. As soon as you think you see the signs of an infestation, call your local bed bug exterminators for an inspection. By always being on the lookout for the signs of a bed bug infestation, you can stop the infestation from spreading or getting worse.
Bed Bugs Solutions in Bristol TN
Even when you do all you can to prevent bed bugs, it’s possible to get an infestation. As soon as you notice the signs of bed bugs, it’s time to call a professional bed bug exterminator. Bed bugs are excellent hiders and can spread easily, but Leo's Pest Control Services, Inc can stop the infestation from getting worse, With more than 50 years of experience, you can trust our team to keep you bed bug-free.Back to Bed Bug Exterminators – Control – Removal
Keeping Bed Bugs Out of Your Home in Bristol TN
Serving Tennessee & Virginia