Does Anything Keep Bed Bugs Away?
Bed bugs are one of the most frustrating pest problems because it’s difficult to know how you got them in the first place. Unfortunately, bed bugs are not picky and will infest any property if given the chance. There are four simple steps to keep bed bugs away:
- Know the signs of bed bugs.
- Be wary of buying used items.
- Be cautious when traveling.
- Take precautions at home.
How to Keep Bed Bugs Away in Bristol TN
To keep you and your family or employees safe from the threat of bed bugs, it’s important to understand the common scenarios that can lead to a bed bug infestation.
- Know how to identify bed bugs. Bed bugs will leave dark fecal spots on mattresses and upholstery. Their bites can leave blood spots on bedding and red, itchy marks on your skin.
- Before you buy any used or secondhand items and bring them into your property, thoroughly inspect them for signs of bed bugs.
- Cover power outlets with a plug and cover your mattress with a protector to take away bed bugs’ top hiding places.
- When traveling, inspect your hotel room and take care when unpacking your suitcase upon returning home.
Do You Have a Bed Bug Problem? We Can Help.
Click the button below to leave your information & we'll be in touch in an hour or less.
Preventing a Bed Bug Infestation in Bristol and Johnson City TN
Staying aware of the threat of bed bugs is the best way to stay safe from an infestation. Learn how to check your home for potential pest problems. Vacuum frequently and reduce clutter in your home to reduce hiding places for bed bugs. Be careful about using shared laundry facilities or laundromats. If you live in a dorm or apartment building, take extra care in safeguarding your home from bed bugs.
Bed Bug Prevention Help
Because infestations are so unpredictable at times, it can be difficult to know what the best way to prevent bed bugs is. In general, it’s best to simply stay aware of the scenarios in which bed bugs are a threat. Whether you’re traveling, have a college student coming home from school for the holidays, or have a neighbor with a bed bug problem, it’s important to take every step possible to keep bed bugs out of your property. Always contact your local bed bug control experts for more tips or help preventing these pests.
Does Anything Keep Bed Bugs Away? in Bristol TN
Serving Tennessee & Virginia