How to Prevent Bed Bugs in Bristol
Bed bugs can seemingly appear out of nowhere, so how does one go about preventing them in the first place? In general, always being aware of the threat of bed bugs is the best way to avoid being hit with a sudden infestation. The top ways to keep away from bed bugs are as follows:
- When traveling, inspect hotel rooms and take care of luggage.
- Protect your bed with mattress covers.
- Declutter your property as much and as often as possible.
- Be wary of bringing used furniture inside.
- Learn the signs of a bed bug problem.
Can You Prevent Bed Bugs?
Anyone is vulnerable to a bed bug problem. Even the cleanest hotel or tidiest home can become the subject of a bed bug infestation. It can be difficult to prevent a bed bug infestation, as they’re often quite random. However, there are a number of ways you can stay vigilant about protecting yourself and your family from bed bugs all year long! By staying educated about the possibility of bed bugs in a few particular situations, you can avoid the threat of dealing with an infestation.
Do You Have a Bed Bug Problem? We Can Help.
Click the button below to leave your information & we'll be in touch in an hour or less.
Easy Tips to Prevent Bed Bugs in Your Home
Bed bugs are unpredictable. Fortunately, there are a few things you can do to ensure
- Learn to recognize the signs of bed bugs. Look for fecal spots, blood spots, and bed bug bites.
- Be cautious of used furniture. Always thoroughly inspect second-hand items before bringing them indoors.
- Cover your power outlets. Electrical outlets are ideal hiding spots for bugs. Cover them with a simple plug to eliminate their chances of getting in.
- Cover your mattress. Using a cover that is resistant to holes and tears can help protect your bed from bugs!
- Be cautious when traveling. Research your hotel, pack clothes in vacuum-sealed bags, and always store your suitcase above the ground.
- Know how to look for pests. Look for signs of bed bugs, vacuum your floor, check pet beds, and keep a clutter-free environment.
What Attracts Bed Bugs to My Home?
No one thinks they’re susceptible to bed bugs until they have an infestation. Once they’ve infested your property, there are several things that attract them to take up residence. They are not attracted to dirt or grime, but rather warmth and blood! As long as they have a host to feed on, bed bugs will infest any residence. Upon the first suspicion of a bed bug infestation, it’s important to contact your local bed bug control expert.
How to Prevent Bed Bugs in Bristol in Bristol TN
Serving Tennessee & Virginia