How Do I Prepare for Bed Bug Treatment in Bristol?
Before your home or business is treated for bed bugs, there will be a number of steps you need to take to ensure the treatment is as successful as possible. Your professional bed bug exterminator will always let you know how to prepare. Typical preparation steps for a bed bug treatment include:
- Preparing to leave your property for several hours, and to take your pets with you.
- Tidying up your place and reducing the amount of clutter in your property.
- Removing bed linens from mattresses and box springs, and washing them in hot water.
Preparation For Bed Bug Heat Treatment
When you work with a professional bed bug control company, you can rest assured they will let you know how to prepare for bed bug treatment. Although it depends on the type of treatment you will be getting, some of the most common tasks include the following.
- Remove linens from bedding and other fabrics from your bedrooms. Wash them in the hottest water possible.
- Remove all personal items that are on furniture or on the floor.
- Remove everything from closets and drawers, and possibly remove books from shelving.
- Run laundry through the hottest water possible and store in clean storage bags for up to two weeks after treatment.
- Carefully move items and furniture away from the walls to give access to baseboards.
Do You Have a Bed Bug Problem? We Can Help.
Click the button below to leave your information & we'll be in touch in an hour or less.
Bed Bug Treatment Aftercare
After your property is treated for bed bugs, you are typically able to return in just a few hours. Avoid shampooing or cleaning floors for at least three weeks after treatment. In addition, do not replace your bedding until four hours after treatment. In general, treatment should prove to be completely effective within two week’s time.
Does My Home Need to Be Treatmed For Bed Bugs Again?
If you worked with a professional bed bug expert, the treatment should almost always be effective enough to kill off all bed bugs in your property. If the infestation persists, it’s important to reach out to your exterminator for further treatments! Follow-up treatments and inspections can help to ensure the bed bugs are gone for good.
How Do I Prepare for Bed Bug Treatment in Bristol? in Bristol TN
Serving Tennessee & Virginia