Buying a Home With Termite Damage in Bristol and Johnson City TN
It’s understandable why you may be wary of purchasing a home with a history of termites. However, it is generally considered safe to do so as long as there is no active infestation and proper precautions have been made.
Homes that have had termites in the past aren’t any more susceptible to future infestations than other homes. Unless there is an active termite infestation, it is absolutely safe to purchase a property that once had a termite problem. When buying a home with termite damage, simply take precautions such as getting a WDI report.
Can I Sell My Home If I Had Termites?
If you have structural damage of any kind (termite related or not), it may be more difficult to sell your home. This doesn’t mean you can’t sell your home, only that the value might lessen if the damage has not been fixed. Whether you had a past infestation that was treated and caused minimal damage or a more serious infestation, it’s important to be upfront about termite infestations when selling the home. It’s smart to be prepared to pay for inspections, treatments, and even repairs if necessary in the home selling process.
Do You Have a Termite Problem? We Can Help.
Click the button below to leave your information & we'll be in touch in an hour or less.
Tips For Buying a Home With Termite Damage
You’ve found your dream home—only to find out it once had a termite problem. Thankfully, there’s no reason to panic. There are several things you can do to ensure you are safely purchasing a home with a history of termites:
- Obtain a WDI report that will uncover any evidence of past, present, or possible future infestations.
- If damage is found, you may be able to negotiate costs with the seller to cover treatment and repair expenses.
- Always ask the seller for any infestation history the home may have just in case the WDI report missed something.
- If a home has significant structural damage or active termites, it’s up to the buyer to decide whether or not they want to still purchase it.
- As long as past infestations have been taken care of, you should not let a history of termites stop you from purchasing the property.
Buying Homes With Termite Damage in Tennessee
Just as you would with any property, the key to preventing termite damage in your new or old home is regular preventative services. This will make the process easier when you need to buy or sell your home. Always team up with a professional termite exterminator to prevent termites in your property year-round.
Buying a Home With Termite Damage in Bristol in Bristol TN
Serving Tennessee & Virginia