What Are the Signs of a Termite Infestation?
Because termites are rarely seen, it’s crucial to know how to recognize the signs of their activity. Termites work within structures and, unfortunately, damage does not begin to show until a colony is mature. Always being on the lookout for signs of termites can help prevent a full-blown infestation.
The top signs of a termite infestation include:
- Termite droppings (frass)
- Damaged/hollow wood
- Piles of shed wings
- Swarmer termites inside or outside the home
- Mud tubes around the foundation of homes
- Blisters in wood floors
- Cracked or bubbling paint
- Small holes in drywall
How to Look For Signs of Termites in Bristol TN
When termites are infesting a structure, they’re typically hidden within the structure or underground. This means that termite damage only begins to show when a mature colony is eating away at your property. In addition to looking for the signs of termite activity, it’s also best to keep an eye out for signs of damage they may be causing:
- Termite activity. Like any pest or insect, termites will leave behind signs of their presence with their droppings (also known as frass). Frass looks like tiny pellets. Also keep an eye out for termite wings that are often shed in piles, as well as swarming termites (which are often confused for flying ants).
- Termite damage. If you notice holes in your walls, mud tubes or cracks near the home’s foundation, blisters in wood floors, or peeling paint on walls, you may have termites. If you knock on any wood to be infested and hear a hollow noise in return, it could be the result of termites.
Do You Have a Termite Problem? We Can Help.
Click the button below to leave your information & we'll be in touch in an hour or less.
Do I Have a Termite Infestation?
Seeing any signs of termites is often a bad sign there is an infestation underway. Termites are feared precisely because it’s so difficult to detect the signs of their activity until a mature colony is actively infesting your home. A professional termite expert is always the best way to seek out signs of a termite infestation. Regular inspections from experts such as Leo’s Pest Control can seek out and put a stop to an infestation ASAP.
What Are The Signs of a Termite Infestation? in Bristol TN
Serving Tennessee & Virginia