How Can I Prevent Termites Naturally?
Many homeowners gravitate toward all-natural pest prevention. These more natural or DIY methods can possibly repel termites, but they are not strong enough to control an active infestation.
It’s understandable why some people may be wary of chemical-laden treatments and want to turn toward more natural ways to prevent termites. Common DIY or natural termite prevention methods include orange oil, cardboard traps, diatomaceous earth, and boric acid. These all may be effective to prevent termites, but they will not hold against a serious termite infestation.
How to Get Rid of Termites Naturally
To prevent termites, it can sometimes be effective to use DIY or natural products. However, these methods will not work to get rid of an active infestation in your home or business. Termite infestations can be massive, and DIY control is typically not an option. To get rid of termites, it’s important to get the industry’s best termite treatments administered by trained termite control experts.
Do You Have a Termite Problem? We Can Help.
Click the button below to leave your information & we'll be in touch in an hour or less.
Preventing Termites Naturally
There is no guarantee to how well the following methods will work to prevent termites. However, some have proven to work to repel termites:
- Diatomaceous earth: Used to control many types of garden pests, this can be mixed with soil, water, or paint to help keep termites away.
- Nematodes: Certain groups of parasitic nematodes are known to feed on termites, making them a natural form of biological control.
- Cardboard traps: These are often effective because they contain the cellulose that attracts termites. The hope is that any nearby termites will gather near the trap, which can then be disposed of by burning.
- Orange oil: This can be sprayed into high-risk areas for termites, including crawl spaces and attics.
- Boric acid: Available in liquid or dust form, boric acid works to kill termites and other pests in or near the home.
Do i Need Professional Termite prevention Services?
If you want effective termite prevention, a professional pest control company is your best option. Termite exterminators can regularly inspect your property, implement termite prevention, and work with you year-round to keep you pest-free.
How Can I Prevent Termites Naturally? in Bristol TN
Serving Tennessee & Virginia